GUIDE: Preparing the Web File from Adworks
In Adworks, once the weeks Edition is CLOSED:
– From the start screen in Adworks, click ‘Publish Classified Ads’.
– Now select Code 60: Website Ads
– Create file using: Delimited Export, use Last Run Date,
– Finally, select ‘Remove Line End Codes’.
Now create the file…
It will be saved on the server Classifieds > Flowfiles
Open the newly created file using TextWrangler and begin to strip out the unneeded.
Starting with your curser at the top of the text:
– Top menu bar > Text > Straighten Quotes & Process Duplicate Items
– Find and replace > (foot) ‘ = ´ (option+shift+E)
– Find and replace > (inches) “ = ˝ (option+shift+G)
– Pound Signs (#) in the headers must have a space placed in front of #
– ¢ (option+4) = ¢
– 1/4 = ¼ 1/2 = ½ etc. (Find does not work well for fractions, also check ‘hardwood floors’)
– ™ (option+2) = ™
– ® (option+R) = ®
– ° (option+shift+8) = º
Search – – – (no spaces) and do whatever the notes say.
When complete save file, and copy and paste all text into the Pennywise Site when ready to upload.