The Rossland Museum & Discovery Centre has organized NINE jam-packed weeks of Camp Black Bear! These camps provide access to the best of local recreation and culture, in addition to fun and educational activities on the Museum grounds. Experienced programmers and coordinators are on hand to make sure the kids have an unforgettable summer!
Camp Create: 5-day Camp: July 4-8 & August 8-12
- This one is for the creatives! Whether your passion lives in colours and beauty or in the boldly buildable, this camp has something for all creative Kootenay kids. With Makers’ Mornings and Artists’ Afternoons, participants will find fun in activities ranging from painting to engineering and everything in between.
Super Sleuths: 5-day Camp: July 11-15 & August 15-19
- Rosslanders are no strangers to digging, but this camp puts a whole new spin on what we can uncover when we delve into the history of this vibrant mining town. Become a museum detective for the week to learn all the super-sleuthing skills – and you may even solve a robbery!
Drama-Rama Camp: 5-day Camp: July 18-22
- This camp is for the kids who can’t wait to entertain and be entertained. Explore various performing art styles, consider classic film, and have a whole lot of fun learning the joy of group performance. Are you Rossland’s next big star?!
Eco Adventurers: 5-day Camp: July 25-29 & August 22-26
- With a blend of adventure and ecology, this camp is sure to keep the attention of nature nuts and thrill-seekers alike. Whether it’s investigating animal tracks, exploring Flux Climbing, or anything in between, our Eco Adventurers will live up to their name.
Junior Shredders & Engineers: 4-day Camp: August 2-5; 5-day Camp: August 29- September 2
- Our Junior Shredders & Engineers will enjoy bike-themed engineering and creative activities, explore how to care for their equipment and the trails, and learn technical biking skills with the fantastic coaches from Kootenay Mountain Biking!